Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA)
is the national trade organization representing Yarn & Fabric Manufacturers and Textile Product Processors mills of the country under private sector. BTMA has been registered in 1983 with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies as an Association, under the Companies Act 1994.
1780 Member Mills
Yarn Manufacturing Mills: 519
Fabric Manufacturing Mills: 938
Dyeing-Printing-Finishing Mills: 323
Over 15.00 billion US$
Investment in the Primary Textile Sector
Contribution in GDP
Textile sector contributes more than 13% in GDP.
Over 84% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
CONTRIBUTION OF TEXTILES:
- Investment in the Primary Textile Sector: around 16 billion US$.
- Textile sector contributes more than 13% in GDP.
- Over 84% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
- Around 85-90% yarn demand for knit RMG & 35-40% yarn demand for woven RMG are met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Local fabric demand i.e 7 billion meter of Fabric are being produced locally to meet the domestic requirement & the yarn demand for handloom are also met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Backward & Forward linkage industries provide employment around 4.5 million out of which 60% are female.
- Generate huge cliental base for Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Transport, Hotel, Cosmetics, and Toiletries & related economic activities.
- Total Export of the country 38758.31 millionUSD(FY 2021-2022). Out of 38758.31 Textile & Clothing export is 32588.76 (Including Home Textile) million USD which is around 84.08% of the total export.
Yarn Manufacturing Mills
Fabric Manufacturing Mills
Total Member Mills
To stay update with BTMA, keep you eye on BTMA blog.
A 16-Member Nepalese delegation headed by Mr. Baburam Gautam of the Nepal Government met the BTMA President
A 16-Member Nepalese delegation headed by Mr. Baburam Gautam of the Nepal Government met the BTMA President Mr. Mohammad Ali Khokon & the Members of the Board of Directors on [...]
Seminar on “Learning Needs e-Survey and ASCM Dictionary Contest Briefing” was held at Hotel Le Meridian
On September 12, 2023, a seminar on “Learning Needs e-Survey and ASCM Dictionary Contest Briefing” was held at Hotel Le Meridian Dhaka. The seminar was chaired by Mr. Zhuang Lifeng, [...]
You are always welcome to contact with us
Level-8, UTC Bhababn
8, Panthapath, Kawran Bazar
+88 02 9101508
+88 02 58156619
+88 02 48116358