Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA)
is the national trade organization representing Yarn, Fabric Manufacturers and Textile Product Processors mills of the country under private sector. BTMA has been registered in 1983 with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies as an Association, not for profit, under the Companies Act 1994.
1521 Member Mills
Yarn Manufacturing Mills: 433
Fabric Manufacturing Mills: 827
Dyeing-Printing-Finishing Mills: 251
Over 6.00 billion US$
Investment in the Primary Textile Sector
Contribution in GDP
Textile sector contributes more than 13% in GDP.
Over 86% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
CONTRIBUTION OF TEXTILES:
- Investment in the Primary Textile Sector: over 4.5 billion US$.
- Value addition in knit & woven RMG are over 70% & 35% respectively.
- Textile sector contributes more than 12% in GDP.
- Over 81% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
- Around 90% yarn demand for knit RMG & 35-40% yarn demand for woven RMG are met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Local fabric demand & the yarn demand for handloom are also met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Backward & Forward linkage industries provide employment for more than 5 million people where 80% are female.
- PTS industries producing around 1200 MW power through Captive Generator.
- Generate huge cliental base for Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Transport, Hotel, Cosmetics, and Toiletries & related economic activities.
Yarn Manufacturing Mills
Fabric Manufacturing Mills
Total Member Mills
To stay update with BTMA, keep you eye on BTMA blog.
Video Clips of BTMA Press Conference at Lakeshore Hotel on Gas Supply shortage, Mohammad Ali Khokon, President, BTMA dated on 16th SEP 2021
Video Clips: Channel 24 Ekattor Tv Channel I Atn News Atn Bangla TV Bangla Vision NEWS 24 Maasranga Tv Jamuna Tv Independent Tv Asian Tv SaTv
Today on 16.09.2021 BTMA organized an emergency Press Conference at Lakeshore Hotel on Gas Supply shortage. Mohammad Ali Khokon, President, BTMA along with the Board of Directors of BTMA invited all print and electronic media people in the Press Conference.
BTMA President appraised the media about the significance of uninterrupted gas supply to the mills. Textile & Clothing Industry is contributing 80% to the total export earning of the country. [...]
A high level meeting was held by the Commerce Ministry on 15th September, 2021 headed by the Hon’ble Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi with the stakeholders of Textile & Clothing export and the concerned public officials.
The meeting discussion emphasized on the following issues- • Approval of the import of yarn at a concessional tariff rate to keep the price of yarn at a reasonable level [...]
Mr. Mohammad Ali Khokon, President of the Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA), was the chief guest at the inauguration of the main gate of the National Institute of Textile Engineering and Research (NITER)
The President BTMA is the Chairman of the governing body of NITER, Bangladesh’s leading institute for textile and allied engineering, which has made important contributions to the generation of skilled [...]
A delegation headed by Mr. Salman F. Rahman , Hon’ble Advisor to the PM on Private Investment & Industry is visiting Uzbekistan from 31st August, 2021. BTMA President, Mr. Mohammad Ali Khokon is one of the distinguished members of the visiting delegation.
Today, 4th September, 2021 , President, BTMA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with his Uzbek counterpart regarding Investment opportunity by the Bangladeshi Businessmen & Industrialists in Uzbek . So [...]
You are always welcome to contact with us
Level-8, UTC Bhababn
8, Panthapath, Kawran Bazar
+88 02 9101508
+88 02 58156619
+88 02 48116358